First steps towards a more sustainable congress
Meaningful and sustainable marketing are at the heart of all BAM activities.
This article is the first in a series of articles on the responsible choices we are making to make this BAM Marketing Congress as sustainable as possible. What can we do to reduce our footprint?
What is a "sustainable" congress?
A sustainable congress is one that considers the negative impact on the environment where it takes place, and tries to minimise it to the lowest possible level in order to produce the lowest environmental impact in the event´s surroundings. Our aim is to reduce the consumption of resources (water, energy, food, paper), to prevent an increase in CO2 emissions produced by transport and accommodation and to leave a positive legacy both socially and economically in the community where the Congress is held.
But what does this mean concretely? What initiatives do we take as event organiser? With this series of articles we want to inform you about the different sustainable initiatives we take during the further build-up of the Congress.
- Transport: The event location is easily accessible by public transport. Several buses stop in the vicinity of the Congress location and the train station of Groot-Bijgaarden is directly accessible via a private road. Visitors who still wish to come to the Congress by car will be encouraged to carpool. Check our practical info page.
- Decoration: we opt for decorative items that are reusable and recyclable.
- Catering: we will use local, in-season, organic and fair-trade products and we will donate all left-overs to a local food bank.
- Waste: We will reduce the amount of waste by avoiding bottles and packages containing small quantities and organise a proper management of these (sorting and recycling plan). We offer reusable dishes and cutlery and we will use bulk dispensers for water.
- Advertising: for the promotion of the Marketing Congress we will focus on a digital campaign and we will use recycled paper for printed materials, such as our annual mailing and on-site posters.
- Goodie-bag: we will avoid to fill it will single-use plastics. We will pick products that are biodegradable or compostable as much as possible and we will work with local partners.
- Digital registration tool: Do not print your event ticket, but have your QR code scanned on your mobile phone at the entrance of the Congress.
- Networking & lead generation: Instead of exchanging business cards, our attendees and sponsors can connect within our networking tool.
Further initiatives will be communicated. Together we will be able to run a cleaner and greener Congress!